|Directed by:||Ron Link|
|Written by:||Tim Doyle; Aziz Ghazal; Elizabeth Passarelli|
|Produced by:||Cassian Elwes; Aziz Ghazal; Elliott Kastner; Marc Toberoff|
|Music by:||Daniel May|
|Cinematography:||Brian Coyne; David Lux|
|Edited by:||Shawn Hardin; James Whitney|
|Distributed by:||Cinema Group|
Palisades Entertainment Group
|Released:||October 2nd, 1987|
|Running time:||93 min.|
Zombie High is an American horror/comedy directed by Ron Link. It was written by Tim Doyle, Aziz Ghazal and Elizabeth Passarelli and produced by the Cinema Group and the Palisades Entertainment Group. It was released theatrically in the United States on October 7th, 1987. The film stars Virginia Madsen, Paul Feig, Sherilyn Fenn, Clare Carey, Scott Coffey, Richard Cox and Kay E. Kuter. The premise of the film involved a young woman named Andrea who accepts a scholarship to an all-male boarding school. She discovers that the school harbors a bizarre secret as all of her fellow classmates appear to be brainwashed emotionless drones, making them what some might consider as the perfect students.
|Clare Carey||Mary Beth|
|Kay E. Kuter||Dean Eisner|
|Walter Addison||Chief Hillis|
|John Sack||Senator Felner|
|Dan Garrity||Officer #1|
|John Cook||Officer #2|
|Phil Weinstock||Prep #2|
|Kent Snyder, Jr.||Prep #3|
|Diana Lands||Mary Beth's roomate|
|Alan Milligan||Student #1|
|Diana Darby||Student #2|
|Gary Maynard||Barry's double|
|Phil Tracy||Faculty member|
|Sam Ginsberg||Faculty member|
|Brass Adams||Faculty member|
|Gilver Purvis||Faculty member|
|Kevin "Kipper" Jones||Tease member|
|Derrick Organ||Tease member|
|Thomas Organ||Tease member|
|Hugh Kelly||Radio announcer|
|Lisa Smith||Mary Beth|
|Janet Caggliano||Barry's mom|
|Kirk Bodyfelt||Prep student|
|Leslie Ann Bushka||Prep student|
|Lisa Cach||Prep student|
|Mark Decew||Prep student|
|Carey Gerwig||Prep student|
|Michael E. Gretza||Prep student|
|John Hrovat||Prep student|
|Adam Litman||Prep student|
|Kyle Markgraf||Prep student|
|Sean Nevelt||Prep student|
|Will Plyer||Prep student|
|Eric Stachowski||Prep student|
|Dawn Thompson||Prep student|
|Melissa Toy||Prep student|
|Rick White||Prep student|
|Stephanie Willis||Prep student|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Zombie High is alternatively known as The School That Ate My Brain.
- Zombie High (1987) redirects to this page.
- Despite the title to the film, there are no zombies or even high schools in Zombie High.
- The tagline of this film, "The school that ate my brain".
- Zombie High grossed $12,165 over it's opening weekend.
- Ron Link is a theater and stage director. Zombie High is his only work in film.
- First film work for screenwriter Tim Doyle.
- Actor Sean Nevett is credited as Sean Nevelt in this film.
- Actor Will Plyler is credited as Will Plyer in this film.
- First horror genre role for actress Virginia Madsen. She will go on to star in movies such as Candyman, The Prophecy and The Haunting in Connecticut.
- This film premiered on the same day as Near Dark.
Home Video Edit
Zombie High has been made available on VHS format by the Cinema Group, Continental Video, MNTEX Entertainmaint and Video Treasures. In Canada, it was distributed by Northstar Home Video and by Vestron Video in Belgium and the Netherlands.