|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
| Xtro 3|
Watch the Skies
Watch the Skies
|Directed by:||Harry Bromley Davenport|
|Written by:||Daryl Haney|
|Produced by:||Jamie Beardsley; Harry Bromley Davenport; Daryl Haney|
|Music by:||Van Rieben|
|Edited by:||Krish Mani|
|Distributed by:||Image Entertainment|
|Released:||November 14th, 1995|
|Running time:||90 min.|
|Previous:||Xtro 2: The Second Encounter (1991)|
Xtro 3: Watch the Skies is a low-budget British science fiction/horror film directed by Harry Bromley Davenport and written and produced by Daryl Haney. It was released direct-to-video by Image Entertainment on November 14th, 1995. It is the third movie in the Xtro film series and follows the events of 1983's Xtro and 1991's Xtro 2: The Second Encounter. In this installment, a platoon of marines is assigned to a desert island where they discover that the United States government has been performing brutal scientific experiments on captured U.F.O.s. One of their alien captives escapes however and begins taking his revenge against his captors.
|J. Marvin Campbell||Biber|
|Robert Culp||Major Guardino|
|Andrew Divoff||Captain Fetterman|
|Daryl Haney||Private Hendricks|
|Jim Hanks||Private Friedman|
|Paul Hayes||Mister Atkins|
|Andrea Lauren Herz||Corporal Banta|
|Sal Landi||Lieutenant Martin Kim|
|Lisa London||Melissa Meed|
|Karen Moncrieff||J.G. Watkins|
|Jeanne Mori||Erica Stern|
|David M. Parker||Private Dermot Reilly|
|Al Ruscio||The General|
|Martin Schienle||Biff Atkins|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Xtro 3 redirects to this page.
- Alternatively known as just Xtro: Watch the Skies.
- This movie was filmed over the span of only thirty-six days.
- The tagline for this film is, "From beyond imagination... from beyond the earth itself... XTRO waits".
- This is Harry Bromley Davenport's fourth film as a director and his third film in the Xtro series. It is his first film as a producer.
- This is Daryl Haney's sixteenth film as a screenwriter and his first film in the Xtro series. It is his fourth film in the horror genre and his first film as a producer.
- Of the three Xtro films that have been produced, Xtro 3 is director Harry Bromley Davenport's personal favorite.
- The themes of alien cover-ups and government conspiracies, as well as the title "Watch the Skies", is similar to that shown in the American sci-fi TV series The X-Files, which was midway into its third season when this film was released.
- The character of Shaye may have been named after Robert Shaye, executive producer on the first Xtro.
- The subtitle of this movie is taken from the phrase "Keep watching the skies", which was made popular in the 1951 sci-fi/horror film The Thing from Another World.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article relates to the films within the Xtro franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Xtro Films category.