Season 2, Episode 1
|Airdate||June 3rd, 2012|
|Producer||Russell Mulcahy; Jeff Davis; Tim Andrew; Karen Gorodetsky; Joseph P. Genier; Marty Adelstein; Tony DiSanto; Liz Gateley; Christian Taylor; Blaine Williams|
|Starring||Tyler Posey; Crystal Reed; Dylan O'Brien; Tyler Hoechlin; Holland Roden; Colton Haynes|
"Omega" is the first episode of season two of of the American teen horror/drama Teen Wolf and the thirteenth episode of the series overall. The episode was directed by series creator Russell Mulcahy and written by showrunner and developer Jeff Davis. It first aired on MTV on Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 on a special night. In this episode, Jackson Whittemore and Lydia Martin must now deal with the radical changes their bodies are going through after being infected with lycanthropy. Lydia has an adverse reaction to the side effects and flees the hospital, running off naked into the night. Scott and Stiles canvas the neighborhood using Scott's heightened senses to track her scent. Meanwhile, funeral services are held for Allison's aunt, Kate Argent, and the rest of the Argent family - all hunters - come to pay their respects. Allison's grandfather is an experience hunter who vows to slay every werewolf he finds to avenge his granddaugther's death.
Principal Cast Edit
|Tyler Posey||Scott McCall|
|Crystal Reed||Allison Argent|
|Dylan O'Brien||Stiles Stilinsky|
|Tyler Hoechlin||Derek Hale|
|Holland Roden||Lydia Martin|
|Colton Haynes||Jackson Whittemore|
Guest Stars Edit
Notes & Trivia Edit
- First of a two-part season premiere episode.
- Beginning with this episode, the series now has a regular opening title sequence.
- This episode aired on Sunday evening, June 3rd, 2012. The following episode, "Shape Shifted" aired on it's regular Monday time slot on June 4th.
- The events of this episode take place in 2011, only a few days after the events from "Code Breaker".
- Kate Argent's funeral is held in this episode. Kate was killed in the season one finale, "Code Breaker".
- It is established in this episode that being part of a pack literally makes a werewolf stronger. This is demonstrated when Derek Hale up-ends a bulldozer tractor, then sets it down again.
- This episode introduces the mystery of the black blood that both Lydia and Jackson begin to exhibit. The theory is that their bodies are rejecting parts of the werewolf curse.
- An "Omega" is a werewolf that is without a pack. The notion is that a lone werewolf is significantly weaker than a werewolf who is part of a pack, as exemplified by how easily the hunters are able to string him up and cut him down.
- First appearance of Lydia Martin's parents.
- First appearance of Matt, the photographer at Kate Argent's funeral. He will become more important as the series progresses.
- It is possible that an Omega's connection to other werewolves is so diminished that they cannot be perceived as a lycanthrope by others. This could explain why Jackson did not recognize the Omega as a werewolf when he passed him in the high school parking lot.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|2011 Teen Wolf television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Teen Wolf season 2 episodes category.|
This article contains an excessive amount of redlinks, ie, articles that have yet to be created. Editors are encouraged to create articles corresponding to the "red links" shown on this page.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Articles with excessive redlinks.