|"Loved to Death"|
Season 3, Episode 2
|Airdate||June 15th, 1991|
|Writer||John Mankiewicz; Joe Minion|
|Producer||Richard Donner; Robert Zemeckis; Joel Silver; David Giler; Walter Hill; Gilbert Adler; Barry Josephson; Jennie Lew Tugend|
|Starring||John Kassir; Andrew McCarthy; Mariel Hemingway; David Hemmings; Kathleen Freeman|
"Loved to Death" is the second episode of season three of the horror anthology series Tales from the Crypt and the twenty-sixth episode of the series overall. It was directed by Tom Mankiewicz and written by John Mankiewicz and Joe Minion. It first aired on HBO on Saturday, June 15th, 1991. The episode stars Andrew McCarthy, Mariel Hemingway, David Hemmings and Kathleen Freeman.
|John Kassir||The Crypt Keeper|
|Andrew McCarthy||Edward Foster|
|Mariel Hemingway||Miranda Singer|
|David Hemmings||Mister Stronham|
|Kathleen Freeman||Mrs. Parker|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is available on disc one of the Tales from the Crypt: The Complete Third Season DVD collection.
- Based on the short story "Loved to Death" from Tales from the Crypt #25.
- This is the only episode of the series directed by Tom Mankiewicz.
- Tom Mankiewicz is first cousins with teleplay writer John Mankiewicz.
- This is the onlyh episode of the series written by Joe Minion and John Mankiewicz.
- Anouska Hempel is uncredited in this episode.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|Tales from the Crypt.|