|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Directed by:||Daniel Attias|
|Written by:||Stephen King|
|Produced by:||Dino De Laurentiis; Martha Schumacher|
|Music by:||Jay Chattaway|
|Edited by:||Daniel Loewenthal|
|Distributed by:||Dino De Laurentiis Company|
|Released:||October 11th, 1985|
|Running time:||95 min.|
Silver Bullet is an American horror film of the werewolf subgenre. It is based on the 1983 novella Cycle of the Werewolf by famed horror author Stephen King. The film was directed by Daniel Attias and written by King. It was produced by Famous Films and the Dino De Laurentiis Company and released theatrically on October 11th, 1985. The movie stars Corey Haim, Gary Busey, Megan Follows and Everett McGill and centers on the life of a crippled young boy named Marty Coslaw who is tormented by a werewolf in the fictional town of Tarker's Mill, Maine.
|Gary Busey||Uncle Red|
|Everett McGill||Reverend Lowe|
|Corey Haim||Marty Coslaw|
|Megan Follows||Jane Coslaw|
|Robin Groves||Nan Coslaw|
|Leon Russom||Bob Coslaw|
|Terry O'Quinn||Sheriff Joe Hallerin|
|Bill Smitrovich||Andy Fairton|
|Joe Wright||Brady Kincaid|
|Kent Broadhurst||Herb Kincaid|
|Heather Simmons||Tammy Sturmfuller|
|James A. Baffico||Milt Sturmfuller|
|Rebecca Fleming||Mrs. Sturmfuller|
|Lawrence Tierney||Owen Knopfler|
|William Newman||Virgil Cuts|
|Sam Stoneburner||Mayor O'Banion|
|Lonnie Moore||Billy McLaren|
|Wendy Walker||Stella Randolph|
|Michael Lague||Stella's boyfriend|
|Myra Mailoux||Stella's mother|
|William Brown||Bobby Robertson|
|Herb Harton||Elmer Zinnerman|
|David Hart||Pete Sylvester|
|Graham Smith||Porter Zinnerman|
|Paul Butler||Edgar Rounds|
|Crystal Field||Maggie Andrews|
|Roxanne Aalam||Uncle Red's girl|
|Pearl Jones||Mrs. Thayer|
|Ish Jones, Jr.||Mister Thayer|
|Tovah Feldshuh||Older Jane (voice)|
|James Gammon||Arnie Westrum|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The film is alternatively known as Stephen King's Silver Bullet.
- The tagline for this film is, "Whenever the moon is full... it comes back!"
- The Silver Bullet: Original Motion Piture Soundtrack was released by Varese Sarabande in 1985 featuring the film score composed by Jay Chattaway.
- This movie marks the directorial debut of Daniel Attias. Dan will go on to direct episodes of several genre-related television programs including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, True Blood and The Walking Dead.
- This is the first horror film work for actor Corey Haim, who was only thirteen-years-old when production began on the movie. Haim will go on to play Sam Emerson in the 1987 vampire film The Lost Boys as well as a character named Travis in 1988's Watchers and Albert in 1996's Fever Lake.
- Actress Megan Follows will revisit her werewolf roots in 1999 when she appears in the "Interview with a Werewolf" episode of the TV series Big Wolf on Campus as Violet Thorne.
- Actor Everett McGill has also appeared other projects involving lycanthropy. He played Sweet Jake Williams in the "Blood on the Tracks" episode of the short-lived Werewolf television series. He also played the unidentified male antagonist in Wes Craven's The People Under the Stairs in 1991.
- Production on Silver Bullet began in October of 1984. Principal photography concluded in December, 1984.
Home Video Edit
- The Widescreen Collection edition of Silver Bullet was released by Paramount Home Video on May 28th, 2002.
- Silver Bullet is included on the "When Animals Strike Back: Volume Two" DVD set along with Graveyard Shift and Pet Sematary.
See also Edit
External Links Edit