Deadlier than Dracula! Wilder than the Werewolf! More frightening than Frankenstein!
|Directed by||Michael Reeves|
|Written by||Michael Byron; F. Amos Powell|
|Produced by||Paul M. Maslansky; Michael Reeves|
|Music by||Paul Ferris; Ralph Ferraro |
|Edited by||Nira Omri|
|Distributed by||Europix Consolidated Corp.; Dark Sky Films|
|Release date(s)||May 2nd, 1966|
|Running time||79 min.|
|Language||Italian (English dubbed)|
|Gross revenue||ITL 30,704,000|
The She Beast is a British-Italian horror film of the witchcraft subgenre. It was written and directed by Michael Reeves and produced by Paul M. Maslansky for Europix Consolidated Corp.. The film stars Barbara Steele and Ian Ogilvy and was initially released in May of 1966.
|John Karlsen||Count von Helsing|
|Mel Welles||Ladislav Groper|
|Jay Riley||The She-Beast witch|
|Richard Watson||Comrade police lieutenant|
|Edward B. Randolph||Man on scooter/Man wearing red sweater|
|Lucrezia Love||Groper's niece|
|Ennio Antonelli||Truck driver|
|Kevin Welles||Boy in flashback|
|Woody Welles||Boy at cockfight|
|F. Amos Powell||Man in raincoat/policeman|
|Charles B. Griffith||Policeman|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Alternatively known in Italian as La sorella di Satana and Revenge of the Blood Beast.
- Director Michael Reeves is also a co-writer on this film. In this capacity, he is credited under the name Michael Byron.
- Director of photography Gioacchino Gengarelli is credited as G. Gengarelli in this film.
- Actress Lucretia Love is credited under the name Lucrezia Love in this film.
- Screenwriter F. Amos Powell makes a cameo appearance in the film as a man in a raincoat and a policeman.
- Little Shop of Horrors screenwriter Charles B. Griffith makes a cameo appearance in the film as a policeman.
- This is the tenth horror film for actress Barbara Steele.
- There is a restored widescreen version of the film on DVD released in 2009 by Dark Sky Films with an audio commentary by producer Paul M. Maslansky and stars Ogilvy and Steele.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- ↑ US release only.