|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
| Scanners III|
|Directed by:||Christian Duguay|
|Written by:||B.J. Nelson; Julie Richard; David Preston|
|Produced by:||Pierre David; Rénald Paré; Irene Litinsky; René Malo|
|Music by:||Marty Simon|
|Cinematography:||Hugues de Haeck|
|Edited by:||Yves Langlois|
|Distributed by:||Malofilm; Republic Pictures; Starz Entertainment|
|Released:||May 14th, 1992|
|Running time:||101 min.|
|Previous:||Scanners II: The New Order (1991)|
|Next:||Scanner Cop (1994)|
Scanners III: The Takeover is a Canadian science fiction film with elements of the horror genre. It is the third installment in the Scanners film series and follows the 1991 movie, Scanners II: The New Order. The film was directed by Christian Duguay with a script written by B.J. Nelson, Julie Richard and David Preston. It was released direct-to-video by Starz Entertainment on May 14th, 1992.
|Liliana Komorowska||Helena Monet|
|Valérie Valois||Joyce Stone|
|Steve Parrish||Alex Monet|
|Peter Wright||Mark Dragon|
|Harry Hill||Doctor Baumann|
|Chip Chuipka||Thomas Drake|
|Tony Roman||Piano player|
|René Malo||Robert Rosenthal|
|Stan Gibbons||Talk show host|
|Steve Michaels||Veteran cop|
|Aimée Castle||Young Helena|
|Jean Boyn||Wiseguy guest/Taylor|
|Chantal Condor||Female guest|
|Lin Parx||Doubting guest|
|Rachelle Dietcher||Little girl|
|Jason Cavalier||Punk leader|
|Brenda Adams||Punk #1|
|Rob Roy||Punk #2|
|Paul Stewart||Steven Crandall|
|Richard Jutras||Lobby guard|
|Charles Landry||Sam Pike|
|Ai Trad||Punk #3|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Scanners 3, Scanners 3: The Takeover, Scanners III, Scanners: The Takeover, and Scanner Force all redirect to this page.
- The tagline for this film is, "Scanners against scanners... The battle for total control has begun".
- Production on Scanners III: The Takeover began on October 24th, 1990. Principal photography concluded on December 21st, 1990. 
- Scanners III: The Takeover was released direct-to-video in VHS format by Republic Pictures in the United States and by Malofilm in Canada. A DVD version of the film is included in the Scanners Trilogy boxset released only in Europe by Starz Home Entertainment.
- Director Christian Duguay and screenwriter B.J. Nelson also worked on the previous film, Scanners II: The New Order.
- In one scene, Alex Monet uses his telekinesis to hurl a security guard against a wall. The wall shakes behind him, making it clear to the viewer that the set piece is made out of cardboard or some other soft material.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article relates to the films within the Scanners film franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Scanners films category.