|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
Pain: it's part of the puzzle. Blood: it's the price of freedom. Death: it's not that easy
|Directed by||Darren Lynn Bousman|
|Written by||Leigh Whannell; James Wan|
|Produced by||Peter Block; Jason Constantine; Daniel Jason Heffner; Stacey Testro; James Wan; Leigh Whannell; Mark Burg; Gregg Hoffman; Oren Koules; Greg Copeland|
|Music by||Charlie Clouser|
|Cinematography||David A. Armstrong|
|Edited by||Kevin Greutert|
|Distributed by||Twisted Pictures; Evolution Entertainment; Lions Gate Home Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||October 27th, 2006|
|Running time|| 108 min. (Theatrical)|
113 min. (Unrated)
|Preceded by||Saw II (2005)|
|Followed by||Saw IV (2007)|
Saw III is an American horror film of the slasher sub-genre and the third installment in the Saw film franchise. It was directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, who also directed Saw II and reunites actors Tobin Bell and Shawnee Smith in their respective roles of serial killers John Kramer and Amanda Young. Also returning to the franchise is Donnie Wahlberg as Detective Eric Matthews and Dina Meyer as fellow police officer Kerry. The film was followed by another sequel in 2007, Saw IV.
|Tobin Bell||John Kramer/Jigsaw|
|Shawnee Smith||Amanda Young|
|Donnie Wahlberg||Eric Matthews|
|Barry Flatman||Judge Halden|
|Debra Lynne McCabe||Danica|
|Costas Mandylor||Forensic Hoffman|
|Jane Luk||Nurse - emergency room|
|Alan Van Sprang||Chris|
|Brian Paul||Doctor #1|
|Zoe Heath||Female forensic|
|Billy Parrott||Male nurse|
|Franky G.||Xavier Chavez|
|Kelly Jones||SWAT member Pete|
|Vincent Rother||SWAT member Joe|
|Nichola Kaegi||Young boy|
|Marc Poyser||Gun shot victim|
|Dan Sudek||Aftermath cop|
|Sandy Kellerman||Additional talent voice|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This film is dedicated to the memory of Gregg Hoffman who passed away on December 4th, 2005, shortly following Lions Gate Entertainment's official announcement of the film.
- Production on Saw III began on March 6th, 2006 with principal photography commencing on May 8th. The final shooting script was written by Leigh Whannell in just under one week. Principal shooting on Saw III concluded on June 19th, 2006. The movie was shot in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Saw III was brought before the MPAA ratings board seven times; each time receiving an undesirable NC-17 rating. After the eighth submission, the film crew obtained an R-rating.
- Producer/screenwriter Leigh Whannell makes an appearance in the film playing a character named Adam.
- The laughter emitted by the Jigsaw doll in this film is the same as that used by the doll in the 1975 Dario Argento film Deep Red.
- The first torture victim in the film is chained in a fashion reminiscent of the first victim from Clive Barker's 1987 film Hellraiser.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article relates to the films within the Saw franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Saw films category.