|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Directed by:||Richard Franklin|
|Written by:||Tom Holland|
|Produced by:||Bernard Schwartz; Hilton A. Green|
|Music by:||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Edited by:||Andrew London|
|Distributed by:||Universal Pictures|
|Released:||June 3rd, 1983|
|Running time:||113 min.|
|Next:||Psycho III (1986)|
Psycho II is an American feature film of the psychological suspense-thriller genres, with just a smattering of the slasher genre. It is the first sequel to the 1960 film noir classic, Psycho, by director Alfred Hitchcock, which in turn was based on a novel by author Robert Bloch. Psycho II was directed by Richard Franklin with a screenplay written by Tom Holland. It was produced by Universal Pictures and premiered in the United States on June 3rd, 1983.
|Anthony Perkins||Norman Bates|
|Vera Miles||Lila Loomis|
|Meg Tilly||Mary Loomis|
|Robert Loggia||Doctor Bill Raymond|
|Dennis Franz||Warren Toomey|
|Hugh Gillin||Sheriff John Hunt|
|Claudia Bryar||Mrs. Emma Spool|
|Robert Alan Browne||Ralph Statler|
|Chris Hendrie||Deputy Pool|
|Tom Holland||Deputy Norris|
|Bob Hilgenberg||Public defender|
|Oz Perkins||Young Norman|
|Robert Traynor||Desk clerk|
|George Dickerson||County sheriff|
|Thaddeus Smith||Deputy sheriff|
|Sheila K. Adams||Deputy woman|
|Victoria Brown||Deputy clerk|
|Virginia Gregg||Norma Bates|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Psycho II redirects to this page.
- At its widest release, Psycho II was screened in 1,488 movie theaters. 
- This is Richard Franklin's second work as a director in the horror genre.
- Actors Anthony Perkins and Vera Miles are the only cast members to reprise their roles from the original Psycho.
- Screenwriter Tom Holland is also known for his work as a director and he worked on films such as Fright Night in 1985 and Child's Play in 1988.
- Robert Bloch wrote a novel titled Psycho II, which is a continuation of his original novel, but bears no other connection to this film.
- Screenwriter Tom Holland also makes an appearance in the film as Deputy Norris.
- Actor Bob Hilgenberg is credited as Robert Destri in this film.
- Actor Oz Perkins is credited as Osgood Perkins in this film.
- Actress Virginia Gregg is uncredited as the voice of Norma Bates in this film.
- This is the first sequel in a film series that has four installments.
- It is the second of three films in the Psycho film series released theatrically.
- This is Richard Franklin's fourth film as a director.
- This is Tom Holland's fourth film as a screenwriter. It is his third theatrically released film. It is his third film in the horror genre.
- There are twenty-four credited cast members in this film. There are twenty-five cast members in total.
- There are fourteen named characters shown on-screen in this film. There are twenty-three characters in this film in total.
- There is a total of one character who is played by multiple actors.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article relates to the films within the Psycho film franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Psycho films category.