|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Prophecy 3: The Ascent|
|Title:||Prophecy 3: The Ascent|
|Directed by:||Patrick Lussier|
|Written by:||Joel Soisson; Carl V. Dupré|
|Produced by:||Bob Weinstein; Harvey Weinstein; Joel Soisson|
|Music by:||Steve Boeddeker|
|Edited by:||Peter Devaney Flanagan|
|Distributed by:||Dimension Films|
|Released:||March 14th, 2000|
|Running time:||84 min.|
|Previous:||Prophecy II, The|
|Next:||Prophecy: Uprising, The|
The Prophecy 3: The Ascent is an American horror movie of the Biblical/supernatural subgenre. It was directed by Patrick Lussier and is the third film in the Prophecy film series. It was produced by the Weinstein brothers and Dimension Films and released direct-to-video on March 14th, 2000. The film stars Christopher Walken, reprising his role as the Archangel Gabriel, now on a path of redemption and taking on a more protagonist role than he did in the previous installments. The movie also stars Vincent Spano, Dave Buzzotta, Kayren Ann Butler, Steve Hytner and Brad Dourif.
|Kayren Ann Butler||Maggie|
|Mark Prince Edwards||Donut guy|
|Moriah Shining Dove Snyder||Mary|
|J.D. Rosen||Tail man|
|Stan Davis||Portly coroner|
|Drew Swaine||Young Danyael|
|Anthony Rosselli||Desk sergeant|
|Hi Border||Toothless woman|
|Tom Kane||Angel (voice)|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Known in Europe as God's Army III.
- First film in the series to be released direct-to-video.
- Final film in the series to feature Christopher Walken as Gabriel.
- The tagline for this film is, "Mankind's last hope from total destruction!"
- This film marks the directorial debut of Patrick Lussier. Patrick was previously an editor on such films as New Nightmare, Vampire in Brooklyn, Scream, Mimic, Scream 2, Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later and Scream 3.
- Shawn Driscoll and Johnny Martin are uncredited in this film.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article relates to the films within the Prophecy movie franchise.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Prophecy films category.