|"The Fifth Sepulcher"|
Season 1, Episode 1
|Airdate||April 21st, 1996|
|Writer||Brad Wright; Richard B. Lewis|
|Producer||Pen Densham; Fiona Duncanson; Richard Barton Lewis; N. John Smith; John Watson|
|Starring||Derek de Lint; Martin Cummins; Robbi Chong; Patrick Fitzgerald; Alexandra Purvis; Helen Shaver|
|Next||"Sins of the Father"|
"The Fifth Sepulcher" is the two-hour pilot episode of the occult-themed supernatural drama series Poltergeist: The Legacy. It was directed by Stuart Gillard and written by Brad Wright based on a story treatment by series creator Richard B. Lewis. It first aired on Showtime on April 21st, 1996.
In this episode, Derek Rayne - precept of the San Francisco chapter of the Legacy has flashbacks of his teenage years when his father took him to Peru in 1969 in search of five mystic sepulchers, each one containing the powerful spirit of an angel or a demon. In the present, psychiatrist Rachel Corrigan and her eight-year-old daughter, Katherine discover the fifth sepulcher, but an antiques dealer unwittingly opens it, setting loose a powerful demon. Derek Rayne calls together the members of the Legacy to stop the threat.
|Derek de Lint||Derek Rayne|
|Martin Cummins||Nick Boyle|
|Robbi Chong||Alexandra Moreau|
|Patrick Fitzgerald||Father Philip Callaghan|
|Alexandra Purvis||Katherine "Kat" Corrigan|
|Helen Shaver||Rachel Corrigan|
Guest Stars Edit
|Jordan Bayne||Julia Walker|
|William Sadler||Shamus Bloom|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is alternatively known as "The Legacy". This is its title listed on disc one of the Poltergeist: The Legacy: Season 1 DVD collection.
- "Poltergeist: The Legacy: The Legacy", "The Fifth Sepulcher", PTL: The Fifth Sepulcher" and "PTL: The Legacy" all serve as shortcuts to this page.
- This episode is included on disc one of the Poltergeist: The Legacy: Season 1 DVD collection. The collection was released by MGM on February 7th, 2006.
- This episode had a special running time of 120 minutes.
- This is the first professional acting work for Marites Pineda. She will also appear on episodes of The Sentinel and The X-Files.
- Actor Myles Ferguson, who plays young Derek Rayne in this episode, was killed in an automobile accident on September 29th, 2000. He was nineteen-years-old.
Story notes Edit
- The Golden Gate Bridge is seen during the opening sequence of the episode only as part of an establishing shot to show that San Francisco is the central setting for the series.
Explicit content Edit
- Female topless nudity: If you ever wondered what Helen Shaver's boobs look like, here's your chance. Remember, this show originally aired on Showtime, which allowed for more illicit content than later episodes broadcast on the Sci-Fi Channel. In this episode, Rachel Corrigan has wild monkey sex with a demon-possessed William Sadler.
Opening crawl Edit
Since the beginning of time,
Mankind has existed between
The World of Light
and the World of Darkness.
Our Secret Society has been
here forever. Protecting others
from the creatures who inhabit
the shadows and the night.
Known only to the initiated
by our true name,
See also Edit
- Poltergeist: The Legacy
- Poltergeist: The Legacy episodes
- Poltergeist: The Legacy characters
- Poltergeist: The Legacy cast & crew
- Poltergeist: The Legacy image gallery
External Links Edit
|Poltergeist: The Legacy. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Poltergeist: The Legacy season 1 episodes category.|