|Forever Knight television series.|
- This article is about the 1989 television pilot movie. For the character, see Nick Knight.
It's taken two hundred years but this cop's past is about to catch up with him.
|Directed by||Farhad Mann|
|Written by|| Barney Cohen|
James D. Parriott
Benjamin A. Weissman
|Produced by|| Barry Weitz|
Roberta Becker Ziegel
|Music by||Joseph Conlan|
|Edited by||Benjamin A. Weissman|
|Distributed by||New World Pictures; CBS|
|Release date(s)||August 20th, 1989|
|Running time||60 min.|
|Followed by||Forever Knight: Dark Knight|
Nick Knight is an American television movie directed by Farhad Mann and first aired on CBS on August 20th, 1989. The movie was intended as a pilot episode to a potential TV series, but CBS declined to pick it up. The show was later sold to a Canadian production company in 1992 and was broadcast under the title Forever Knight and aired for three seasons. Nick Knight stars actor/musician Rick Springfield as detective Nicholas Knight - a two-hundred year-old vampire who is investigasting a string of mysterious deaths in the city of Los Angeles.
|Rick Springfield||Detective Nick Knight|
|John Kapelos||Detective Don Schanke|
|Robert Harper||Doctor Jack Brittington|
|Richard Fancy||Captain Brunetti|
|Laura Johnson||Doctor Alyce Hunter|
|Craig Richard Nelson||Fenner|
|Cec Verrell||Janette DuCharme|
|Michael Nader||Lucien LaCroix|
|Gregory Wagrowski||Detective Jessell|
|David Byrd||Guard #2|
|Davis Roberts||Doctor Dave|
|Al Berry||Desk sergeant|
|Allison Barron||Girl swimmer|
|Dendrie Taylor||Tanning attendant|
|Pamela West||Tanning attendant|
|Andree Chapman||Uniformed policewoman|
|Rosanna Huffman||Reporter #1|
|Rif Hutton||Reporter #2|
|Dennis Moynahan||Confused orderly|
|Christopher Bertolini||Impound lot employee|
|Freddie Dawson||Orderly #1|
|Troy Melton||Museum guard|
|Robert Neches||Forensic man|
|Carl Ciatalio||Pure Melrose|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- There are several notable differences between this initial pilot episode and the regular Forever Knight TV series. In Nick Knight, the main character Nicholas Knight is a two-hundred year old vampire, whereas in Forever Knight, he is more than eight-hundred years old. The setting between the two projects is also different as Nick Knight takes place in Los Angeles, California and Forever Knight takes place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- John Kapelos, who plays the role of Detective Don Schanke, is the only actor from the pilot film to transition over to the Forever Knight series.
- Actress Laura Johnson, who plays Doctor Alyce Hunter in this film, is also known for playing Leigh Kenyon in Wes Craven's 1985 television movie, Chiller.
- Actor Al Berry, who plays a desk sergeant, is also known for playing the role of Harry Grimbridge in the 1982 film Halloween III: Season of the Witch and Doctor Gruber in the 1985 movie Re-Animator.
See also Edit
- Forever Knight
- Forever Knight episodes
- Forever Knight characters
- Forever Knight cast & crew
- Forever Knight image gallery
- Forever Knight image category
- Forever Knight miscellaneous
External Links Edit