|Known relatives:||Jonathan Harker|
|Status:||Deceased by virtue of time era|
|1st appearance:||Dracula (1992)|
Mina Murray (later Harker) is the heroine of Dracula (1992). Created by the screenwriter James V Hart and director Francis Ford Coppola, she is based on Mina Murray, the heroine of the novel Dracula by Bram Stoker.
Mina is late-Victorian school mistress and reincarnated Princess Elisabeta, wife of Prince Dracula. Unlike her counterpart in the novel, she loves Dracula and wants to be the vampire by his side.
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Mina Murray was created by director Francis Ford Coppola and writer James V. Hart based on concepts originally developed by Irish author, Bram Stoker.
- Francis Ford Coppola finally gets Winona Ryder to star in a film. Winona was originally cast to play Mary Corleone in Coppola's The Godfather: Part III, but dropped out due to illness. The part then went to his daughter, Sofia Coppola. 
- Actress Winona Ryder played the dual roles of Elisabeta and Mina Murray-Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- During production, actor Anthony Hopkins suggested a scene where his character, Abraham Van Helsing, briefly dances with Mina. Francis Ford Coppola liked the idea and it was put into the script. While rehearsing the scene, Hopkins had Van Helsing express a desire to smell Mina's face. 
- Winona Ryder and Gary Oldman were both nominated for the MTV Movie Awards in 1993 for the category of Best Kiss.
External Links Edit
- ↑ Date is approximated. It is implied that Mina and Lucy are about the same age, with Lucy making the reference that she is "not yet twenty". Assuming that Mina is likewise 19-years-old, this would make her year of birth around 1878.
- ↑ Francis Ford Coppola; Bram Stoker's Dracula; DVD audio commentary.
- ↑ "The Making of Bram Stoker's Dracula"; Dracula (1992), Blu-ray
This article relates to characters featured in and pertaining to the Dracula franchise. Some pages may redirect to a disambuguation page, which will provide a list of different versions of each character. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Dracula characters category.