Season 1, Episode 4
|Airdate||July 14th, 2007|
|Producer||Elaine Cameron; Kathryn Mitchell; Steven Moffat; Jeffrey Taylor; Mike Treen; Beryl Vertue|
|Starring||James Nesbitt; Gina Bellman; Paterson Joseph; Denis Lawson; Linda Marlowe; Michelle Ryan; Meera Syal; Fenella Woolgar|
Episode 1.4 is the fourth episode of the British television mini-series Jekyll. It was directed by Matt Lipsey with a script written by Steven Moffat. It first aired in the United Kingdom on BBC One on July 14th, 2007.
Principal Cast Edit
|James Nesbitt||Doctor Tom Jackman/Edward Hyde|
|Gina Bellman||Claire Jackman|
|Denis Lawson||Peter Syme|
|Linda Marlowe||Ms. Utterson/Sophia|
|Michelle Ryan||Katherine Reimer|
Guest Stars Edit
|Matthew Ashforde||Delivery man|
|Clifford Barry||Security man|
|Sam Swainsbury||Estate agent|
|Belinda Stewart Wilson||Nicki|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Jekyll is based on the 1886 novel The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by author Robert Louis Stevenson.
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
- Peter Syme: And this is Katherine Reimer, of course, I'm sure Tom's mentioned her.
- Katherine Reimer: I've heard a lot about you, Mrs. Jackman.
- Claire Jackman: I've heard bloody nothing about you, dear.
- Katherine Reimer: I work for your husband.
- Claire Jackman: And you dress like that when you work for my husband, or do you wear clothes?
- Katherine Reimer: I wear clothes.
- Claire Jackman: Does he notice?
- Katherine Reimer: Half the time.
- Edward Hyde: It's funny, just don't know why I want to hurt you. Don't even know your name. Don't know my name.
- Jake: Please...
- Edward Hyde: Just woke up wanting to hurt you.
- Jake: Please don't.
- Edward Hyde: I was born to hurt you.
- Jake: Please...
- Edward Hyde: And do you know what? It's just never gets old. What do you say, lover? Ready to go again?
- Jake: Please. Please, don't...
- Edward Hyde: Just let me.
- Jake: No, please.
- Edward Hyde: Now, now, it'll be over in a minute. Finishing touches.
- Miranda: Um, what has Tom told you about his parents?
- Claire Jackman: He was fostered. His mother abandoned him.
- Peter Syme: On a railway platform in Belfast in 1967, six months after he was born.
- Miranda: I don't believe that.
- Peter Syme: You don't think he was abandoned?
- Miranda: I don't think he was born.