- "You know what I call this, children? I call this the perfect start to an evening. The night is young, there's a beautiful girl, and somebody's going to die. It's you, by the way."
- ―Edward Hyde
Season 1, Episode 1
|Airdate||June 16th, 2007|
|Producer||Elaine Cameron; Kathryn Mitchell; Steven Moffat; Jeffrey Taylor; Mike Treen; Beryl Vertue|
|Starring||James Nesbitt; Gina Bellman; Paterson Joseph; Denis Lawson; Meera Syal; Fenella Woolgar|
Episode 1.1 of Jekyll was directed by Douglas Mackinnon and written by Steven Moffat. It first aired on BBC One on June 16th, 2007. The series introduces the character of Tom Jackman - a man with a very unique case of multiple personality disorder. At certain predetermined periods of time, he undergoes a physical and psychological metamorphosis, transforming into the sadistic and hedonistic Edward Hyde. Tom is careful to keep his condition a secret from his wife, Claire and his two children, but monitors Mister Hyde's actions by way of a personal assistant, Katherine Reimer. In addition to the growing anxiety of never knowing what Mister Hyde might do at any given moment, Tom must also contend with the fact that a group of mysterious individuals in a black van have taken an interest in him.
Principal Cast Edit
|James Nesbitt||Doctor Tom Jackman/Edward Hyde|
|Gina Bellman||Claire Jackman|
|Denis Lawson||Peter Syme|
|Linda Marlowe||Ms. Utterson/Sophia|
Guest Stars Edit
|Michelle Ryan||Katherine Reimer|
|Andrew Byrne||Eddie Jackman|
|Christopher Day||Harry Jackman|
|Al Hunter Ashton||Christopher|
|Gemma Baker||Billy's girlfriend|
|Tallulah Sheffield||Pretty girl|
|Belinda Stewart Wilson||Nicki|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Actor Denis Lawson is also known for playing the role of Rebel Alliance pilot Wedge Antilles in the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Tom Jackman: I can't believe you actually put a private detective on me.
- Claire Jackman: I can't believe you actually left your wife and kids without a word of explanation. I win.
- Katherine Reimer: Did you pay her?
- Tom Jackman: Yes.
- Katherine Reimer: Prostitutes take their money up front. You paid her twice. No reason for you boys to pay double when you only got the one... you know.
- Tom Jackman: Thank you, Katherine.
- Tom Jackman: Advertise my job.
- Peter Syme: What's that expression about Satan skating to work? Something to do with Hell freezing over. There might be a snow plow involved. It was sort of a quip.
- Tom Jackman: Not anymore.
- Edward Hyde: If Jackman gets a hard-on, I'm it.
- Katherine Reimer: That's interesting, because I've always thought of you as a bit like a hard-on.
- Edward Hyde: Oh, yeah?
- Katherine Reimer: Yeah. Usually disappointing.