|Location:||Los Angeles, California|
|1st appearance:||"You're Welcome"|
Izzy is a fictional demon and a minor character featured in the WB Network television series Angel. He was played by actor Mark Colson and first appeared in the 12th episode of season five, "You're Welcome". He made three appearances in the series in total.
Izzerial, often referred to as just "Izzy", was a red-skinned devil-horned demon who existed on Earth, and was based out of Los Angeles, California. He was a client of Wolfram & Hart and was a member of the secret society known as the Circle of the Black Thorn. He pretended to have a casual friendship with Angel, but this was part of a larger plot to bring him into the circle.
When Angel tried to infiltrate the group, it was Izzy who conducted the initiation ritual by branding Angel with the Circle's symbol.
Izzy was ultimately killed when the Old One known as Illyria obstructed the vehicle he was in, causing it to explode.
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Ernesto was created by writer and director David Fury based on concepts originally developed by Joss Whedon and David Greenwalt.
- Izzy's physical appearance is intended to invoke classic representations of the Devil from Judeo-Christian religion.
- Was a client of Wolfram & Hart.
- Was a charter member of the Circle of the Black Thorn.
- Not to be confused with Izzy Erancato, an L.A. crime boss and rival of Tony Papazian from "Sense & Sensitivity".
- Had a very human-like personality, suggestive of someone who grew up in New York City.
See also Edit
This article relates to characters featured in and pertaining to the Angel franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Buffy and Angel characters category.