|Ghosts of Mars|
|Title:||Ghosts of Mars|
|Directed by:||John Carpenter|
|Written by:||Lary Sulkis; John Carpenter|
|Produced by:||Sandy King|
|Music by:||John Carpenter; Anthrax|
|Cinematography:||Gary B. Kibbe|
|Edited by:||Paul C. Warschilka|
|Distributed by:||Screen Gems, Inc.|
Sony Pictures Entertainment
|Released:||August 24th, 2001|
|Running time:||98 min.|
Ghosts of Mars is an American horror film of the science fiction and survival horror subgenres. It was directed by John Carpenter and written by Carpenter and Larry Sulkis. The film was produced by Screen Gems, Inc. and released through Sony Pictures Entertainment on August 24th, 2001. The film stars Natasha Henstridge, Ice Cube, Jason Statham, Clea DuVall, Joanna Cassidy and 1970s icon Pam Grier.
Main Cast Edit
|Ice Cube||Desolation Williams|
|Natasha Henstridge||Lieutenant Melanie Ballard|
|Jason Statham||Sergeant Jericho Butler|
|Pam Grier||Commander Helena Braddock|
|Clea DuVall||Bashira Kincaid|
|Liam Waite||Michael Descanso|
|Rodney A. Grant||Tres|
|Richard Cetrone||Big Daddy Mars|
Other Stars Edit
|Michael Krawic||Man in the rover|
|Eileen Weisinger||Woman warrior|
|Marjean Holden||Young woman|
|Richard Barela||Miner (uncredited)|
|Danielle Burgio||Local female cop (uncredited)|
|Damon Caro||Shape-male intern (uncredited)|
|Marty Cuny||Miner/Warrior (uncredited)|
|Dave Duran||Warrior (uncredited)|
|James W. Gruessing, Jr.||Miner (uncredited)|
|Harry Jay Knowles||Head on a stake (uncredited)|
|Eric Martinez||Miner (uncredited)|
|Louie Martinez||Miner (uncredited)|
|Lena Milan||Hand-double (uncredited)|
|Christopher Allen Nelson||Demon miner (uncredited)|
|Chad Randall||Big warrior (uncredited)|
|Chance Romero||Miner/Warrior (uncredited)|
|J. Nathan Simmons||Miner (uncredited)|
|Anthony M. Trujillo||Miner (uncredited)|
- Ghosts of Mars redirects to this page.
- Production on Ghosts of Mars began on August 8th, 2000. Principal filming concluded on October 31st, 2000.
- Ghosts of Mars was filmed in Rio Rancho, White Mesa and Zia Pueblo, New Mexico. Interior shots were filmed in Los Angeles, California.
Box Office/Reception Edit
- Ghosts of Mars grossed $3,804,452 over it's opening weekend in the United States and £104,723 over it's opening weekend in the UK. It's total US gross was $8,434,601. It grossed $14,010,832 worldwide.
- Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun Times gave Ghosts of Mars 3 stars.
- Rotten Tomatoes gives Ghosts of Mars an approval rating of 21%.
- Metacritic gave Ghosts of Mars a metascore of 35/100.
- The Popcorn Pictures review site gave Ghosts of Mars 3/5 stars.
- The tagline for this film is, "Terror is the same on any planet."
- Internet movie reviewer Harry Knowles of the website Ain't It Cool News has a cameo appearance as a head on a stake.
- The population of Mars at the start of this movie is 640,000 colonists.
Home Video Edit
- Ghosts of Mars was released on home video in DVD Region 1 format on December 4th, 2001 by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
The year in film Edit
Other films that were released in 2001 include:
External Links Edit