|Aliases:||Arab Republic of Egypt|
|Points of interest:||Cairo|
|1st appearance:||Cleopatra's Tomb (1899)|
Egypt, officially known as the Arab Republic of Egypt, is a country in Northern Africa. It is a largely Arabic nation with a provisional government. It's capital city is Cairo. A large majority of films dealing with the country focus on Ancient Egypt, which is known for its power-hungry Pharaohs, its wily Queens, it big-ass pyramids, and of course... its mummies. You can't swing a worshiper of Bastet in Ancient Egypt without hitting a friggin' mummy at some point. Then of course there's all those crazy Egyptian Gods, like Ra, Horus, Osiris, Isis, Hathor, Set and many more.
Points of Interest Edit
Films that take place in Egypt Edit
- Alien vs. Predator (Flashback scenes)
- Blood from the Mummy's Tomb
- Cleopatra's Tomb
- Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
- Mummy, The (1932)
- Mummy, The (1959)
- Mummy's Hand, The
- Mummy's Shroud, The
TV shows that take place in Egypt Edit
Characters from Egypt Edit
People who were born in Egypt Edit
People who died in Egypt Edit
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Before becoming a screenwriter, John L. Balderston was a correspondent for the New York World and covered the opening of the tomb of King Tutankhamen in 1922. Balderston went on to writer the screenplay for the 1932 film The Mummy.
- In 1999, Egypt was undergoing sociopolitical strife and was therefore unavailable to be used for the filming of Stephen Sommers, The Mummy. Faced with this, the directors shot the scenes of Cairo in Marrakesh, the scenes of Giza in England and the deserts in Erfoud.
External Links Edit
|Mummy film franchises.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|