|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
- "Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat."
White-hot terror at 200 MPH!
|Directed by||Quentin Tarantino|
|Written by||Quentin Tarantino|
|Produced by||Shannon McIntosh; Robert Rodriguez; Quentin Tarantino; Elizabeth Avellán; Erica Steinberg|
|Edited by||Sally Menke|
|Distributed by||Dimension Films; A Band Apart|
|Release date(s)||May 22nd, 2007|
|Running time||114 min.|
Death Proof is an American action film of the psycho-thriller subgenre. It was written and directed by Quentin Tarantino and billed under the "Grindhouse" double-feature banner along with Robert Rodriguez' Planet Terror. Both films premiered in 2007 and were produced by Dimension Films and the Tarantino/Rodriguez production company A Band Apart. The film stars Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike, a psychopathic serial murderer who stalks young women with his formidable "death proof" stunt car. Other actors in the film include Zoe Bell, Rosario Dawson, Vanessa Ferlito, Sydney Poitier, Tracie Thoms and Rose McGowan.
|Kurt Russell||Stuntman Mike|
|Sydney Poitier||Jungle Julia|
|Mary Elizabeth Winstead||Lee|
|Monica Staggs||Lanna Frank|
|Marta Mendoza||Punky Bruiser|
|Tim Murphy||Tim the bartender|
|Melissa Arcaro||Venus Envy|
|Michael Parks||Earl McGraw|
|James Parks||Edgar McGraw|
|Marley Shelton||Doctor Dakota Block-McGraw|
|Nicky Katt||Counter guy|
|Elektra Avellán||Babysitter twin #1|
|Elise Avellán||Babysitter twin #2|
|Eurlyne Epper||Lanna Frank friend #1|
|Jamie L. Dunno||Lanna Frank friend #2|
|Manuel Cantu||Bar patron|
|Darryl K. Phipps||Restaurant patron|
|Julitta Pourciau||Business class passenger|
|Violet Saenz-Arocha||Restraurant patron|
|Angela Ware||Waitress at Guero's|
|Steven A. Webb||College student in bar|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Production on Death Proof began in September of 2006 and concluded in December. The movie was shot in Austin, Texas and Buelton, California.
- Death Proof premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on May 22nd, 2007. It opened to limited engagements in New York City, New York on July 21st, 2007.
- Death Proof was released to DVD on September 18th, 2007 by the Weinstein Company. This includes both the standard release version as well as the extended and unrated 2-disc Special Edition. It was released on Blu-ray by Dimension Home Entertainment on December 16th, 2008. 
External Links Edit
- Death Proof at Wikipedia
- Death Proof at AllRovi.com
- Death Proof at Rotten Tomatoes
- Death Proof at Popcorn Pictures
- Death Proof at Horrormovies.org
- Death Proof at Classic-Horror.com