Victoria Winters has returned from a strange, frightening journey into the past. One by one she has begun to remember the terrible events she witnessed in the year 1795. There is another in the Collins family who knows those events only too well, for he too lived through them. Now he fears that Victoria Winters may have learned his awful secret. While this night is still young, Barnabas Collins will learn that no part of the past can ever die. Indeed his own past may soon begin to catch up with him.
Season 1968, Episode 464
|Airdate||April 4th, 1968|
|Starring||Jonathan Frid; Louis Edmonds; Grayson Hall; Thayer David; Alexandra Moltke; Lara Parker|
Episode 464 of Dark Shadows was directed by John Sedwick and written by Gordon Russell. It originally aired on ABC on Thursday, April 4th, 1968. In this episode, Roger Collins obsesses over the Portrait of Angelique and begins invoking names from the 18th century. Barnabas Collins immediately recognizes the woman in the portrait and attempts to destroy it.
Principal cast Edit
|Jonathan Frid||Barnabas Collins|
|Louis Edmonds||Roger Collins|
|Grayson Hall||Julia Hoffman|
|Thayer David||Timothy Eliot Stokes|
|Alexandra Moltke||Victoria Winters|
Guest stars Edit
|Lara Parker||Angelique |
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included on disc two of Dark Shadows DVD Collection 7 and disc 50 of the Dark Shadows: The Complete Original Series DVD collection.
- Opening narration: Grayson Hall.
- Closing still: Victoria Winters' bedroom.
- This episode aired on the same day that James Earl Ray assassinated civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. in Memphis, Tennessee.
- This episode marks the first appearance of actor Thayer David as Professor Timothy Eliot Stokes. Stokes will become a recurring character throughout the remainder of the series. David previously played the roles of Matthew Morgan and Ben Stokes on Dark Shadows.
- First appearance of the Portrait of Angelique.
- Roger Collins addresses Victoria Winters as Countess du Prés in this episode. This is a reference to Natalie du Prés, who was the aunt of Josette du Prés from the year 1795. The character was played by Grayson Hall and made thirty-one appearances during the "1795 Flashback" storyline.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- ↑ Laughter only.