A seance has been held in the great house at Collinwood, a seance which has suspended time and space, and sent Victoria Winters on an uncertain and frightening journey back to the past, to the year 1795. And here, in this deserted, haunted house, there's been a meeting. One man has drawn the woman he loves from her grave and looked upon the face of death.
Season 1968, Episode 431
|Airdate||February 19th, 1968|
|Starring||Jonathan Frid; Clarice Blackburn; Thayer David; David Henesy|
Episode 431 of Dark Shadows was directed by Lela Swift and written by Sam Hall. It first aired on February 19th, 1968. This episode is part of a storyline commonly referred to as the "1795 Flashback" story. In this episode, Barnabas Collins has Ben Stokes move his coffin to the basement of the Old House, preferring instead to rest in the place where Josette and he were happiest. Daniel Collins begins snooping about the Old House and begins asking Ben about what it is in the basement. Abigail Collins catches Daniel and interrogates him. She also tries to pry him for information about Victoria Winters.
|Jonathan Frid||Barnabas Collins|
|Clarice Blackburn||Abigail Collins|
|Thayer David||Ben Stokes|
|David Henesy||Daniel Collins|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included on disc 2 of Dark Shadows DVD Collection 6 and disc 46 of the Dark Shadows: The Complete Original Series DVD collection.
- Opening narration: Clarice Blackburn.
- Closing still: Old House (front door and walk way).
- Only the cast members are credited in this episode. There are no credits for the production crew provided.
- This episode shows a rare shot of the exterior set of the Old House, which includes a long pan of the front doors, the bay window, and the walk way surrounding the front of the beginning including a hedge and a pillar.
- First appearance of Daniel Collins. The character has been referenced as early as episode 372. He becomes a regular recurring character throughout the remainder of the "1795 Flashback" storyline and also plays a major role as an adult (played by Louis Edmonds) in the "1840 Flashback" storyline.
- Daniel Collins makes reference to the death of his cousin Sarah Collins in this episode. Sarah died in episode 415.
- Barnabas Collins makes repeated references to the death of his beloved Josette du Prés in the beginning of this episode. Josette died by leaping off Widows' Hill in episode 425.
- Barnabas Collins: She came to me, Ben. I forced her from the grave. She did not want to come.
- Daniel Collins: There's no one to play with since Sarah died.
- Daniel Collins: You won't tell anyone, will you?
- Ben Stokes: Just cause I got a tongue don't mean I have to use it.
- Abigail Collins: A woman of my years running around like a silly schoolgirl hunting you. I could have had a seizure!
See also Edit
External Links Edit