Time stands still at Collinwood, for one girl has mysteriously disappeared. She has embarked on a strange and dangerous journey, a journey that transcends time and space. And inexplicably, she has found herself trapped in the past.
Season 1967, Episode 367
|Airdate||November 21st, 1967|
|Starring|| Joan Bennett|
Episode 367 of Dark Shadows was directed by Lela Swift and written by Ron Sproat. It first aired on ABC on November 21st, 1967. In this episode, Victoria Winters awakens in the year 1795 only to be interrogated by the highly agitated and overly suspicious Abigail Collins. She retreats to the Great House of Collinwood only to discover that it is still under construction. There she meets Jeremiah Collins, who bears a striking resemblance to her lover, Burke Devlin. Jeremiah takes pity on Victoria and agrees to help her maintain her position as the family's new governess.
|Joan Bennett||Naomi Collins|
|Anthony George||Jeremiah Collins|
|Louis Edmonds||Joshua Collins|
|Clarice Blackburn||Abigail Collins|
|Alexandra Moltke||Victoria Winters|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Opening narration: Joan Bennett
- Closing still: Old House parlor
- Orignally, this episode first aired in black and white kinescope until the original color master reel was discovered later. The colorized version is the one that appears on the DVD.
- First appearance of Joshua Collins, Jeremiah Collins and Abigail Collins. Jeremiah was referenced as early as episode 2, when he was first identified as the great-great grandfather to Elizabeth Collins Stoddard. Since the writers had not envisioned the "1795 Flashback" storyline at that time, any information previously related to any of these period characters (with the exception of Barnabas) is apocryphal.
- First chronological appearance of the Great House at Collinwood.
- Phyllis Wick is the original governess that Joshua hired to look after Sarah Collins. Victoria Winters switched places with her during the séance.
- Reference is made to Sarah Collins in this episode, but she does not make an appearance.
- Boom mike is clearly visible in the upper right corner of Vickie's bedroom in the opening scene when Abigail is watching her sleep.