The final night at Collinwood as we have known it, for Gerard has triumphed. Daphne and the children are dead. Quentin is crazed with grief. The Great House is aflame. Barnabas, as he flees Gerard's ghostly henchman, begs Julia to escape, swearing he will follow her. But when Julia opens the door to the playroom... the room has disappeared and instead she sees the mysterious Steps Through Time. Thinking Barnabas will come, she starts up them, not knowing where she will end.
Season 1970, Episode 1110
|Airdate||September 25th, 1970|
|Starring||Grayson Hall; Thayer David; Kathy Cody; Christopher Pennock; Virginia Vestoff|
Episode 1110 of Dark Shadows was directed by Lela Swift and written by Sam Hall. It first aired on ABC on Friday, September 25th, 1970. In this episode, Julia Hoffman escapes the destruction of 1970 Collinwood via the Stairway Into Time and finds herself transported back to the year 1840. After overhearing a conversation between an angry crippled member of the household named Gabriel Collins with an elderly Ben Stokes, Julia decides to take her chances and entreats Ben's aid. Later, Gabriel tries to pressure Ben into telling his invalid father, Daniel Collins, that his favorite son, Quentin is dead and that he should change his will, leaving the family fortune to Gabriel.
|Grayson Hall||Julia Hoffman|
|Thayer David||Ben Stokes|
|Kathy Cody||Carrie Stokes|
|Christopher Pennock||Gabriel Collins|
|Virginia Vestoff||Samantha Collins|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Opening narration: Virginia Vestoff.
- Closing still: Stairway into time.
- None of the production crew members are credited in this episode.
- This episode begins a storyline which is commonly referred to as the "1840 Flashback".
- Ben Stokes is a character who made regular appearances in the "1795 Flashback" storyline. He chronologically appeared last in episode 460.
- Charles Rush is an extra and is uncredited for his participation in this episode.
- First television acting work for Virginia Vestoff.
- The figure that tries to strangel Julia Hoffman at the end of this episode is revealed to be Daniel Collins in episode 1111. Although Louis Edmonds will regularly play the role of Daniel, the figure that chokes Julia in this episode is played by Charles Rush.
- References are made to both Quentin Collins and his son Tad in this episode. This version of Quentin (not to be confused by his 1897 counterpart) will be introduced in episode 1113. Tad appeared last in episode 1066. He appears next in episode 1147.
Home Video Edit
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article contains an excessive amount of redlinks, ie, articles that have yet to be created. Editors are encouraged to create articles corresponding to the "red links" shown on this page.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Articles with excessive redlinks.