|Creature with the Blue Hand|
|Title:||Creature with the Blue Hand|
|Directed by:||Alfred Vohrer|
Samuel M. Sherman 
|Written by:||Alex Berg|
|Produced by:||Fritz Klotsch; Horst Wendlandt|
|Music by:||Martin Böttcher|
|Cinematography:||Ernst W. Kalinke|
|Edited by:||Jutta Hering|
|Distributed by:||Rialto Film|
Constantin Film Produktion
|Released:||April 28th, 1967|
|Running time:||74 min.|
Creature with the Blue Hand is a German film of the psycho-thriller genre. It was directed by Alfred Vohrer with a script written by Alex Berg. It is based on a novel written by author Edgar Wallace. The film was produced by Rialto Film and distributed through Constantin Film Produktion. It premiered in West Germany on April 28th, 1967. The film stars Harald Leipnitz as Inspektor Craig, Klaus Kinski as Dave & Richard Emerson, Carl Lange as Doctor Albert Mangrove, Ilse Steppat as Lady Emerson, Hermann Lenschau as Rechtsanwalt Douglas and Richard Haller as the movie's antagonist, Edward Appleton, aka, The Blue Hand.
|Harald Leipnitz||Inspektor Craig|
|Klaus Kinski||Dave Emerson/Richard Emerson|
|Carl Lange||Doctor Albert Mangrove|
|Ilse Steppat||Lady Emerson|
|Hermann Lenschau||Rechtsanwalt Douglas|
|Diana Körner||Myrna Emerson|
|Gudrun Genest||Schwester Harris|
|Albert Bessler||Butler Anthony|
|Richard Haller||Edward Appleton/Die blaue Hand|
|Ilse Pagé||Miss Mabel Finley|
|Fred Haltiner||Warter Reynolds|
|Peter Parten||Robert Emerson|
|Thomas Danneberg||Charles Emerson|
|Siegfried Schürenberg||Sir John|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Copyright holder: © 1971, Independent International Pictures for Rialto Film.
- The original German title for this film is Die blaue Hand, which literally translates to "The Blue Hand".
- One of the taglines used on promotional material for the 1987 re-release is "Discover the knife-hand that slashed throats before "Freddy" was born. This is a reference to Freddy Krueger, who is the central antagonist from Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street film franchise.
- Production on Creature with the Blue Hand began on February 9th, 1967. Principal filming concluded on March 22nd, 1967.
- In 1987, additional footage was added to the movie, which was written and directed by Samuel M. Sherman. These scenes were filmed in a studio in East Orange, New Jersey. 
- Creature with the Blue Hand was released on home video in in the United States on October 28th, 1997 by Very Strange Video (VSV).
- This film was also packaged along with The Bloody Dead as a DVD double-feature.