|Continuity:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer|
|Leaders:||Yuka Honda; Miho Hatori|
|Members:||Timo Ellis; Sean Lennon; Duma Love|
|First appearance:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer: When She Was Bad|
Cibo Matto are a New York City-based band formed by two Japanese women, Yuka Honda and Miho Hatori, in 1994. Initially, the lyrics in their songs were primarily concerned with food, before expanding into broader subject matter following the addition of Sean Lennon, Timo Ellis and Duma Love to the band, showcased on their second studio album
In fiction Edit
Cibo Matto appeared in the "When She Was Bad" episode of the 1997-2003 television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a guest star band playing at the fictional teen hot spot, The Bronze. Two of the band's songs were played during the episode, "Spoon" and "Sugar Water". Their presence in the episode is significant for it establishes one of the more memorable scenes from the series, in which the titular hero, Buffy Summers, performs a sensual, evocative dance with Xander Harris before blowing him off.
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Sean Lennon is the son of legendary Beatles performer John Lennon and his wife Yoko Ono.
- Xander Harris: Oh, hey, did you guys hear that Cibo Matto's gonna be at The Bronze tonight?
- Willow Rosenberg: Cibo Matto! They're playing?
- Xander Harris: No, Will, they're gonna be clog dancing.
- Willow Rosenberg: Cibo Matto can clog dance?