- "Hannah, why are you always such a bitch to me?"
- ―Prue Halliwell
|"The Truth Is Out There... and It Hurts"|
Season 1, Episode 8
|Airdate||November 25th, 1998|
|Writer||Zack Estrin; Chris Levinson|
|Director||James A. Contner|
|Producer||Aaron Spelling; E. Duke Vincent; Constance M. Burge; Brad Kern; Sheryl J. Anderson; Peter Chomsky|
|Starring||Shannen Doherty; Holly Marie Combs; Alyssa Milano; T.W. King; Dorian Gregory|
|Previous||"The Fourth Sister"|
|Next||"The Witch Is Back"|
"The Truth Is Out There... and It Hurts" is the eighth episode of season one of the supernaturally-themed television series Charmed and the ninth episode of the series overall if one counts the original unaired pilot. It was directed by James A. Contner with a script written by Zack Estrin and Chris Levinson. It first aired on the WB Network on Wednesday, November 25th, 1998. In this episode, Prue Halliwell creates a magic spell that forces everyone around her to tell the truth for the next 24 hours. She hopes that the spell will illuminate how Andy Trudeau truly feels about discovering that she is a witch, but when the spell begins to affect Piper and Phoebe with equal measure, Prue learns that she is in for more than she bargained for.
Note: Listings marked with a (†) symbol indicate cast members who are credited in this episode, but their character does not make an appearance.
|Shannen Doherty||Prue Halliwell|
|Holly Marie Combs||Piper Halliwell|
|Alyssa Milano||Phoebe Halliwell|
|T.W. King||Andy Trudeau|
|Dorian Gregory||Darryl Morris †|
Guest Starring Edit
|Michelle Brookhurst||Tanya Parker|
|Brian Krause||Leo Wyatt|
|Leigh Allyn Baker||Hannah Webster|
|Neil Roberts||Rex Buckland|
|Richard Gilbert-Hill||Doctor Oliver Mitchell|
|Craig Thomas||Alex Pearson|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode has been made available on the Charmed: The Complete Series DVD collection and the Charmed: The Complete First Season collection.
- Producton code number: 4398007
- First episode directed by James A. Contner. He also directed the "Soft Light" episode of The X-Files, from which this episode derives its title. Contner's next directorial credit is episode fourteen, "Secrets and Guys".
- The title to this episode is taken from a poster and popular catch phrase featured in the Fox television series The X-Files. It is also a reference to the popular phrase "The truth hurts".
- There are no quotes available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. The preferred format for quotes is an asterisk, followed by the character's name (bold and hyper-linked), semi-colon then the quote itself (without quotation marks. Quotes should be separated by four elipses (....) unless multiple quotes are used between characters as part of a conversation.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article pertains to an episode from season one of the Charmed television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Charmed episodes category.