- "Where's Buffy when you need her?"
|"The Power of Two"|
Season 1, Episode 20
|Airdate||May 12th, 1999|
|Producer||Jonathan Levin; Tony Blake; Paul Jackson; Sheryl J. Anderson; Betty Reardon; Les Sheldon; Brad Kern; Constance M. Burge; Aaron Spelling; E. Duke Vincent; Peter Chomsky|
|Starring||Shannen Doherty; Holly Marie Combs; Alyssa Milano; T.W. King; Dorian Gregory|
|Previous||"Out of Sight"|
"The Power of Two" is the twentieth episode of season one of the television series Charmed and the twenty-first episode of the series overall if one includes the original unaired pilot episode. It was directed by Elodie Keene with a script written by Brad Kern. It first aired on the WB Network on May 12th, 1998. In this episode, Phoebe witnesses the evil spirit of a 1960s serial killer named Jackson Ward take possession of an Alcatraz tour guide and escape from prison. Prue has problems both in her career and her love life. She gets fired from the Buckland Auction House and comes under fire when Andy learns that she had used a truth spell on him. On top of it all, the only way she can hope to stop the revenge-driven Jackson Ward is by killing herself first!
|Shannen Doherty||Prue Halliwell|
|Holly Marie Combs||Piper Halliwell|
|Alyssa Milano||Phoebe Halliwell|
|T.W. King||Andy Trudeau|
|Dorian Gregory||Darryl Morris|
Guest Stars Edit
|Jeff Kober||Jackson Ward|
|Carlos Gomez||Inspector Rodriguez|
|Sean Hennigan||Alcatraz tour guide|
|Cristine Rose||Claire Pryce|
|Don Brunner||Inspector Anderson|
|Lesley Woods||Iris Beiderman|
|Jack Donner||Judge Renault|
|Michele Harrell||Inspector Blakely|
|Jim Hanna||CSI detective|
|Yuji Hasegawa||Banker Yakihama|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode has been made available on the Charmed: The Complete Series DVD collection and disc five of the Charmed: The Complete First Season collection.
- Production code number: 4398019.
- While investigating a cemetery, Phoebe says, "Where's Buffy when you need her?" This is a reference to Buffy Summers, the titular heroine from the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Tonally, Buffy and Charmed are very similar to one another and attract a common fan base.
What else have they done? Edit
- Elodie Keene: Director Elodie Keene also directed the "The Sea" episode of Night Stalker and the "Fleas and Casserole" episode of Eastwick.
- Jeff Kober: Actor Jeff Kober, who plays Jackson Ward in this episode, has also appeared in several episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer playing a mystical guru named Rack. He also played a vampire named Daedalus on all eight episodes of Kindred: The Embraced and has appeared in episodes of Poltergeist: The Legacy.
- Brenda Bakke: Actress Brenda Bakke was a supporting character on American Gothic, where she played a character named Selena Coombs.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article pertains to an episode from season one of the Charmed television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Charmed episodes category.