- "There is something terribly wrong with the house. Oh my God, oh my God, call a plumber. This is a complete and total disaster. Someone just kill me now and spare me the agony of clean up."
- ―Piper Halliwell
|"Is There a Woogy in the House?"|
Season 1, Episode 15
|Airdate||February 24th, 1999|
|Writer||Zack Estrin; Chris Levinson|
|Director||John T. Kretchmer|
|Producer||Jonathan Levin; Tony Blake; Paul Jackson; Sheryl J. Anderson; Betty Reardon; Les Sheldon; Brad Kern; Constance M. Burge; Aaron Spelling; E. Duke Vincent; Peter Chomsky|
|Starring||Shannen Doherty; Holly Marie Combs; T.W. King; Dorian Gregory; Alyssa Milano|
|Previous||"Secrets and Guys"|
|Next||"Which Prue Is It, Anyway?"|
"Is There a Woogy in the House?" is the fifteenth episode of season one of the supernatural fantasy television series Charmed. It is the sixteenth episode of the series overall including the original unaired pilot episode. The series was created by writer Constance M. Burge and was produced by Aaron Spelling and his production company, Spelling Television. The episode was directed by John T. Kretchmer with a script written by Zack Estrin and Chris Levinson. It first aired on the WB Network on Wednesday, February 24th, 1999 at 8:00 pm. In this episode, an earthquake causes some structural damage in the basement of the Halliwell manor. The Charmed Ones call in a gas man and tease Phoebe over her childhood fear of the "Woogyman". Phoebe's concerns bear fruit however as the house is positioned over a spiritual nexus. The earthquake has allowed the Woogyman entity to escape whereupon it takes possession of the gas man and later Phoebe. Prue and Piper try to make sense of their sister's suddenly strange behavior, but grow concerned when Phoebe begins behaving erratically and even demonstrates a new power.
|Shannen Doherty||Prue Halliwell|
|Holly Marie Combs||Piper Halliwell|
|Alyssa Milano||Phoebe Halliwell|
|T.W. King||Andy Trudeau|
|Dorian Gregory||Darryl Morris|
Guest Starring Edit
|Nancy Moonves||Professor Beth Whittlesey|
|Richard McGonagle||Woogy (voice)|
|Jennifer Rhodes||Penny "Grams" Halliwell|
|Cristine Rose||Claire Pryce|
|Tait Ruppert||Neighbor Joe|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included in the Charmed: The Complete Series DVD collection and the Charmed: The Complete First Season DVD collection.
- Production code number: 4398014
- The childhood name "Woogyman" is a re-spelling of Boogeyman.
- The spell used to vanquish the Woogyman is as follows:
I am the light, I am one too strong to fight, return to darkness where shadows dwell, you cannot have this Halliwell. Go away and leave my sight, and take with you this endless light
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- "Is There a Woogy in the House" at the Charmed Wiki
- "Is There a Woogy in the House?" at TV.com Episode guide
- "Is There a Woogy in the House" at TV Rage.com Episode guide
This article pertains to an episode from season one of the Charmed television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Charmed episodes category.