Season 2, Episode 13
|Airdate||January 19th, 1998|
|Producer||Joss Whedon; David Solomon; Howard Gordon; Gareth Davies; Sandy Gallin; Gail Berman; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; David Greenwalt; Gary Law|
|Starring||Sarah Michelle Gellar; Nicholas Brendon; Alyson Hannigan; Charisma Carpenter; David Boreanaz; Anthony Stewart Head|
"Surprise" is the thirteenth episode of season two of the supernatural action/comedy series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the twenty-fifth episode of the series overall. It was directed by Michael Lange with a script written by Marti Noxon. It first aired on the WB Network on Monday, January 19th, 1998 at 9:00 pm.
|Sarah Michelle Gellar||Buffy Summers|
|Nicholas Brendon||Xander Harris|
|Alyson Hannigan||Willow Rosenberg|
|Charisma Carpenter||Cordelia Chase|
|Anthony Stewart Head||Rupert Giles|
Guest Starring Edit
|Seth Green||Daniel "Oz" Osbourne|
|Kristine Sutherland||Joyce Summers|
|Robia LaMorte||Jenny Calendar|
|Brian Thompson||The Judge|
|Vincent Schiavelli||Uncle Enyos|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- "BTVS: Surprise" redirects to this page.
- This is the final episode of the series to air on Monday evenings at 9:00 pm. Beginning with "Innocence", the show moves to Tuesday airs at 8:00 pm.
- This is not the first time that actor Brian Thompson has appeared on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He also played the role of the vampire Luke in the two-part series premiere, "Welcome to the Hellmouth" and "The Harvest".
- Xander Harris: Are you ready to get down, you funky party weasel?
- Angel: My people - before I was changed - they exchanged this as a sign of devotion. It's a Claddagh ring. The hands represent friendship; the crown represents loyalty... and the heart... Well, you know... Wear it with the heart pointing towards you. It means you belong to somebody. Like this.
- Angel: Still, not every dream you have comes true. I mean, what else did you dream last night? Can you remember?
- Buffy Summers: I dreamt... I dreamt that Giles and I opened an office supply warehouse in Vegas.
- Angel: See my point?
- Angel: You still haven't told me what you wanted for your birthday.
- Buffy Summers: Surprise me.
- Angel: Okay. I will.
- Buffy Summers: This is nice. I like seeing you first thing in the morning.
- Angel: It's bedtime for me.
- Buffy Summers: Well, then I like seeing you at bedtime. Um... Um, heh... Y-you know what I mean.
- Angel: I think so. What do you mean?
- Buffy Summers: I like seeing you. The part at the end of the night where we say goodbye... It's getting harder.
- Angel: Yeah. It is.
- Spike: You might give him a chance to find your lost treasure. He is a wanker, but he's the only one we've got with half a brain. If he fails, you can eat his eyes out of the sockets for all I care.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2 episodes category.|