- "You tried. It was noble of you. You heard the prophecy that I was about to break free and you came to stop me. But prophecies are tricky creatures. They don't tell you everything. You're the one that sets me free. If you hadn't come, I couldn't go. Think about that."
- ―The Master
Season 1, Episode 12
|Airdate||June 2nd, 1997|
|Producer||David Solomon; Gareth Davies; Sandy Gallin; Gail Berman; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; David Greenwalt; Joss Whedon|
|Starring||Sarah Michelle Gellar; Nicholas Brendon; Charisma Carpenter; Alyson Hannigan; Anthony Stewart Head|
|Previous||"Out of Mind, Out of Sight"|
|Next||"When She Was Bad"|
"Prophecy Girl" is the twelfth episode of season one of the American supernatural television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was written and directed by series creator Joss Whedon and first aired on the WB Network on Monday, June 2nd, 1997. In this episode, the students at Sunnydale High prepare for the upcoming prom, but things get serious when Buffy learns about a prophecy in which it is foretold that she will face the Master and die in combat.
|Sarah Michelle Gellar||Buffy Summers|
|Nicholas Brendon||Xander Harris|
|Alyson Hannigan||Willow Rosenberg|
|Charisma Carpenter||Cordelia Chase|
|Anthony Stewart Head||Rupert Giles|
Guest Starring Edit
|Mark Metcalf||The Master|
|Kristine Sutherland||Joyce Summers|
|Robia LaMorte||Jenny Calendar|
|Andrew J. Ferchland||Collin|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode has been made available on Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection and disc three of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete First Season DVD collections.
- This episode is production code number: 4V12.
- This is the second episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Joss Whedon as a director. He directs twenty-one episodes of the series in total. He previously directed "Welcome to the Hellmouth". His next episode as a director is "When She Was Bad".
- This is the fifth episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Joss Whedon as a writer or story developer. He works on twenty-six episodes of the series in this capacity. He previously worked on the story treatment for "Out of Mind, Out of Sight". His last episode as a writer was "The Harvest". His next episode as a writer is "When She Was Bad".
- Rupert Giles: Listen, some prophecies are a bit dodgy. They're... they're mutable. Buffy herself has thwarted them time and time again, but this is the Codex. There is nothing in it that does not come to pass.
- Angel: Then you're reading it wrong.
- Rupert Giles: I wish to God I were. But it's very plain. Tomorrow night Buffy will face the Master, and she will die.
- The Master: You were destined to die! It was written!
- Buffy Summers: What can I say? I flunked the written.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1 episodes category.|