For 3 roomates, BEING HUMAN is harder than it looks.
|Being Human: The Complete First Season|
|Released:||November 15th, 2011|
Being Human: The Complete First Season is a four-disc DVD collection that includes all thirteen episodes of season one of the North American supernatural drama series Being Human, which is a remake of the 2008 British television series of the same name. The collection was produced by Entertainment One studio and released in Region 1 format on November 15th, 2011.
Being Human is an American/Canadian dramatic horror television series based on the original BBC television series Being Human, which began production in 2008. It first aired in January, 2011 on Syfy in the United States and on the Space Channel in Canada. The series is based on concepts originally developed by English screenwriter, actor and comedian Toby Whithouse. The premise of the show centers on a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost who are roomates together in a Boston townhouse. The show stars Sam Witwer as the vampire, Meaghan Rath as the ghost and Sam Huntington as the werewolf. Recurring cast members include Gianpaolo Venuta, Sarah Allen, Mark Pellegrino and Kristen Hager. The vampire, Aidan Waite, is a male nurse working at a nearby hospital who satisfies his craving for blood by stealing bags of plasma from the storage rooms. His best friend and co-worker is a neurotic young man named Josh Levinson who, once a month, suffers the traumatic indignity of transforming into a werewolf whenever the moon is full. Aware of each other's supernatural origins, the friends decide to buy a place together where they can be themselves. They come to discover however that their new home is haunted by the ghost of a young woman named Sally Malik - the house's original occupant whose life ended in a tragic accident. Together, the three friends try to eke out a life for themselves, struggling against their monstrous heritage in their ongoing efforts to "be human".
- Episodes from this season have been made available for instant viewing on streaming video on Amazon.com, Netflix and the Being Human page at Syfy.com.
- Total running time: 572 minutes.
- Format: AC-3, Box set, Color, Dolby, Widescreen, NTSC
- Languages: English with English subtitles.
- Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
- ASIN: B005GP7ELM
Special features Edit
- "The Making of Being Human" featurette.
- "What Would You Choose?" featurette.
- Cast interview with Sam Witwer.
- Cast interview with Meaghan Rath.
- Cast interview with Sam Huntington.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- Being Human: The Complete First Season at CD Universe
- Being Human: The Complete First Season at Amazon.com
- Being Human: The Complete First Season at Walmart.com
- Being Human: The Complete First Season at Barnes & Noble