|"The Man in Number 9"|
Season 1, Episode 7
|Airdate||April 29th, 2013|
|Producer||Cory Bird; Carlton Cuse; Kerry Ehrin; Tucker Gates; Justis Greene; Roy Lee; John Powers Middleton; Christopher Nelson; Diane Ruggiero; Jamie Kaye Wheeler; Mark Wolper|
|Starring||Vera Farmiga; Freddie Highmore; Max Thieriot; Olivia Cooke; Nicola Peltz|
|Next||"A Boy and His Dog"|
"The Man in Number 9" is the seventh episode of season one of the suspense thriller series Bates Motel. The episode was directed by S.J. Clarkson and written by Bill Balas based on story concepts developed by Kerry Ehrin, Carlton Cuse and Anthony Cipriano. It first aired on A&E on Monday, April 29th, 2013. In this episode, Norma, Norman and Dylan are reeling from the effects of their showdown with Zack Shelby. Sheriff Alex Romero arrives and to everyone's surprise, tells Norma that he will cover up the incident, establishing that it was he who shot Shelby and not Dylan. He assure Norma that the entire matter will quietly go away. While trying to get things back together, Norma meets the Bates Motel's first official guest - a mysterious man named Jake Abernathy. Meanwhile, Norman finds a dog.
Principal Cast Edit
|Vera Farmiga||Norma Bates|
|Freddie Highmore||Norman Bates|
|Max Thieriot||Dylan Massett|
|Olivia Cooke||Emma Decody|
|Nicola Peltz||Bradley Martin|
Guest Stars Edit
|Jere Burns||Jake Abernathy|
|Nestor Carbonell||Sheriff Alex Romero|
|Mike Vogel||Deputy Zack Shelby|
|Catherine Lough Haggquist||Liz Morgan|
|Mark Burgess||Male driver|
|Carolyn Adair||Female driver|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This is the first episode of Bates Motel directed by S.J. Clarkson and her only episode in season one.
- This is the first episode of Bates Motel written by Bill Balas. His next episode is "A Boy and His Dog".
- This is the first appearance of Jake Abernathy, who serves as the central antagonist throughout the remainder of the season. He appears next in "A Boy and His Dog".
- This is the fifth appearance of Alex Romero. He appeared last in "Trust Me". He appears next in "A Boy and His Dog".
- This is the seventh and final appearance of Zack Shelby (as a living person). He appeared last in "The Truth". His rotting remains make an appearance in "Underwater".
- Reference is made to Keith Summers in this episode. Norma Bates killed Keith in the pilot episode of the series, "First You Dream, Then You Die" and each subsequent episode revolved around trying to cover up his death.
- This is the third appearance of Jenna. She appeared last in "Nice Town You Picked, Norma". She appears next in "A Boy and His Dog".
- This is the second appearance of Kennedy. She appeared last in "First You Dream, Then You Die". This is her final appearance in season one.
- This is the third appearance of Lissa. She appeared last in "Nice Town You Picked, Norma". She appears next in "A Boy and His Dog".
- First appearance of Liz Morgan and her only appearance in season one.
- First appearance of the dog, Juno. She appears next in "A Boy and His Dog".
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article contains an excessive amount of redlinks, ie, articles that have yet to be created. Editors are encouraged to create articles corresponding to the "red links" shown on this page.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Articles with excessive redlinks.