- "For a taciturn shadowy guy, I've got a big mouth."
Season 1, Episode 19
|Airdate||May 2nd, 2000|
|Writer||Tim Minear; Joss Whedon|
|Producer||Joss Whedon; Gail Berman; Sandy Gallin; Howard Gordon; David Greenwalt; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; Gareth Davies; Kelly A. Manners; Tim Minear; Marti Noxon; Skip Schoolnik; R.D. Price|
|Starring||David Boreanaz; Charisma Carpenter; Glenn Quinn|
|Previous||"Five by Five"|
"Sanctuary" is the nineteenth episode of season one of the vampire television series Angel. It was directed by Michael Lange and written by Tim Minear and series creator Joss Whedon. It first aired on the WB Network on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2000. In this episode, former vampire slayer Faith Lehane is physically and emotionally overwhelmed and loses the energy to fight. Angel takes her in and becomes her redemption "sponser." He promises to help her find a way to forgive herself and start over, but there are still many obstacles standing in her way. The Watcher's Council continues to hunt down for Faith for past transgressions and Cordelia and Wesley do not share Angel's confidence in her. Adding to this is the fact that Faith's former rival, Buffy Summers, is on her way to Los Angeles for a little payback.
|Charisma Carpenter||Cordelia Chase|
|Alexis Denisof||Wesley Wyndam-Pryce|
Guest Starring Edit
|Elisabeth Röhm||Kate Lockley|
|Christian Kane||Lindsey McDonald|
|Thomas Burr||Lee Mercer|
|Stephanie Romanov||Lilah Morgan|
|Eliza Dushku||Faith Lehane|
|Sarah Michelle Gellar||Buffy Summers|
|Adam Vernier||Detective Kendrick|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included on disc five of the Angel: Season One DVD collection. It is also included on the Angel: The Complete Series DVD boxset collection.
- Production code number: 1ADH19
- Includes a recap of episodes from season three of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, focusing primarily on the character of Faith Lehane.
- Kate Lockley and Detective Kendrick carry on a conversation about The X-Files. The show aired on the FOX Network for nine seasons from 1993 to 2002, though at the time that "Sanctuary" first aired, the series was just coming to the end of season seven. The X-Files was a science fiction series that featured David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as two FBI agents whose case files often involved the paranormal, usually matters relating to alien visitations and abductions.
- Kendrick: This girl supposedly has some kinda supernatural powers.
- Kate Lockley: Really?
- Kendrick: Come on, Kate. Everybody knows you've gone all Scully. Any time one of these weird cases crosses anyone's desk, you're always there. What's goin' on with you?
- Kate Lockley: Scully is the skeptic.
- Kendrick: Huh?
- Kate Lockley: Mulder's the believer. Scully's the skeptic.
- Kendrick: Scully's the chick, right?
- Kate Lockley: Yes. But she's not the one that wants to believe.
- Kendrick: And you wanna believe?
- Kate Lockley: Oh, I already believe. That's the problem.
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: I can't tell you how sorry I am that I allowed this to happen.
- Cordelia Chase: I believe it was Faith who allowed her elbow to collide with my face.
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: [about Faith] I hope she's strong enough to make it... Peace is not an easy thing to find.
- Angel: She has a chance.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|Angel . This template will categorize articles that include it into the Angel season 1 episodes category.