- "Here's how it works. I kill this Sahjahn thing and we walk. You come near my family again and I'll slit your throat and if that doesn't kill you I'll chop your whole head off, and if that doesn't work I'll... I'll just keep stabbing you till you bleed to death. You understand that?"
Season 5, Episode 18
|Airdate||April 21st, 2004|
|Producer||Jeffrey Bell; Gail Berman; Steven S. DeKnight; Ben Edlund; David Fury; Sandy Gallin; David Greenwalt; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; Kelly A. Manners; Skip Schoolnik; Joss Whedon|
|Starring||David Boreanaz; James Marsters; J. August Richards; Amy Acker; Andy Hallett; Alexis Denisof|
"Origin" is the eighteenth episode of season five of the supernatural drama series Angel and the 107th episode of the series overall. It was directed by Terrence O'Hara and written by Drew Goddard. It first aired on the WB Network on April 21st, 2004.
|J. August Richards||Charles Gunn|
|Mercedes McNab||Harmony Kendall|
|Alexis Denisof||Wesley Wyndam-Pryce|
Guest Starring Edit
|Dennis Christopher||Cyvus Vail|
|Adrienne Brett Evans||Colleen|
|Adam Baldwin||Marcus Hamilton|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Production code number: 5ADH18.
- Actor Vincent Kartheiser is given a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Angel's line, "You got to do what you can to protect your family. I learned that from my father." is rather ironic since he killed his father upon first becoming a vampire. 
- This is the final appearance of Sahjhan; dies in this episode.
- Illyria: You reek of frustration. Curls off of you like smoke.
- Spike: Actually, love, we call that scotch. Twelve-year Lagavulin if I'm not mistaken. Good choice.
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: She doesn't understand our world. She needs someone to guide her. She needs...
- Angel: When was the last time you slept? You're not her savior. I need you here, working, not off drinking yourself into a coma, chasing ghosts. Fred's dead, Wes. You're still alive. Start acting like it.
- Angel: You got to do what you can to protect your family. I learned that from my father.
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: She's either counting oxygen molecules or analyzing the Petri dish she just put into her mouth. Or sleeping. I can never quite tell.
- Angel: You sure this is a good idea?
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: We have plenty of Petri dishes.
- Angel: She really put a whole petri dish in her mouth?
- Spike: Oh, old broody-pants got you wound up, eh? Keep in mind, he can't get laid without maybe going crazy. Makes it funny.
- Connor: You almost broke that guy in half! That was awesome!
See also Edit
External Links Edit