Season 3, Episode 1
|Airdate|| October 9th, 2013 (US)|
October 29th, 2013 (UK)
|Writer||Ryan Murphy; Brad Falchuk|
|Producer||Joseph Incaprera; Alexis Martin Woodall; Douglas Petrie; Alfonso Gomez-Rejon; Jessica Sharzer; Bradley Buecker; James Wong; Jennifer Salt; Tim Minear; Dante Di Loreto; Brad Falchuk; Ryan Murphy; James Williams|
|Starring||Sarah Paulson; Taissa Farmiga; Frances Conroy; Evan Peters; Lily Rabe; Emma Roberts; Denis O'Hare; Kathy Bates; Jessica Lange|
"Bitchcraft" is the first episode of season three of the horror-themed television series American Horror Story and the twenty-sixth episode of the series overall. It is chapter one in the "Coven" storyline. The episode was directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon and written by series creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. It first aired on the FX Network on Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 at 10:00 pm.
Harboring a secret agenda, Fiona Goode, the most powerful witch of their generation, returns to town, reigniting old rivalries with the coven's deadly enemies, the Voodoo. 
Principal Cast Edit
Guest Stars Edit
|Angela Bassett||Marie Laveau|
|Ian Anthony Dale||David|
|Maureen Brennan||Tour guide|
|Jennifer Lynn Warren||Borquita LaLaurie|
|David Dahlgren||Chief Magistrate|
|Haley Drago||Sorority president|
|Arabella Field||Nora Benson|
|Henry Frost||Frat boy #2|
|Raeden Greer||Pauline LaLaurie|
|Raion Hill||Bus driver|
|Scott Michael Jefferson||Louis LaLaurie|
|Kurt Krause||Charlie Taylor|
|Armal J. Perkins||Contortionist|
|Morgan Roberts||Frat boy #1|
|Ashlynn Ross||Marie Jeanne LaLaurie|
|LaJessie Smith||Slave boy|
|Scheryl W. Brown||Slave with peeled face|
|Edward J. Clare||Suitor #3|
|Cody Dickinson||Pentecostal dancer|
|Cassandra Eastworld||Party guest|
|Daniel Fontenette||Slave in attic|
|Lyle R. Guidroz||Pedstrian|
|Mark Joyce||Shadow mob|
|Cynthia LeBlanc||Train passenger|
|Elton LeBlanc||Train passenger|
|Sir Maejor||Albino guard|
|Jakel Marshall||Pancreas slave|
|Quinton McKemie, II||College boy|
|Starlette Miariaunii||Slave in attic|
|Timothy Pickles||Creole gentleman|
|Logan Douglas Smith||Pedestrian|
|Sarah Reid Vinyard||School witch|
|Bob Walker||Suitor #4|
|William Shannon Williams||Bar patron|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included on disc one of the American Horror Story: Coven DVD collection and the American Horror Story: Coven Blu-ray collection.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- Production code number: 3ATS01.
- This episode had a special running time of 75 minutes.
- Flashback scenes in this episode take place in the year 1834.
- Actor Scott Michael Jefferson is credited as Scott Jefferson in this episode. He is also known for playing Guest #2 in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
- This is the first horror genre work for actor Ameer Baraka.
- Delphine LaLaurie is the first character to appear in this season. She is also the first character with speaking lines.
- Horses are the first creature to appear in this episode.
- Charlie Taylor is the first character in this season to actually "die".
- The song that Fiona Goode dances to while using drugs is "In a Gadda Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly.
- Cordelia's line to Fiona, "Don't make me drop a house on you", is a reference to The Wizard of Oz, in which Dorothy Gale's farmhouse landed in Oz on top of the Wicked Witch of the East, killing her.
- Queenie makes reference to growing up on TV shows like Charmed. This was a show that aired on the WB Network that featured a family coven of witches known as the Charmed Ones.
- Delphine LaLaurie: When the blood dries, my skin is supposed to be as tight as a drum. Just look at this waddle.
- Delphine LaLaurie: Hush it up! Or I'll rip your lips open and stuff more shit in there.
- Delphine LaLaurie: My great literacy began with Greek mythology... the minotaur was always my favorite.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|American Horror Story. This template will categorize articles that include it into the American Horror Story season 3 episodes category.|