|"The Addams Family Goes to School"|
Season 1, Episode 1
|Airdate||September 18th, 1964|
|Writer||Seaman Jacobs; Ed James|
|Producer||Herbert W. Browar; David Levy; Nat Perrin|
|Starring||Carolyn Jones; John Astin; Jackie Coogan; Ted Cassidy; Blossom Rock; Lisa Loring; Ken Weatherwax|
|Next||"Morticia and the Psychiatrist"|
"The Addams Family Goes to School" is the premiere episode of the television comedy series The Addams Family. It was directed by Arthur Hiller with a script written by Seaman Jacobs and Ed James. It first aired on ABC on September 25th, 1964. The series was developed by David Levy and based on The Addams Family comic strip serial created by Charles Addams. The series stars Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams with John Astin as Gomez Addams. Supporting cast members of the series include Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester, Ted Cassidy as Lurch, Blossom Rock as Grandmama and Lisa Loring and Ken Weatherwax as the Addams' children, Wednesday and Pugsley.
Principal Cast Edit
|Carolyn Jones||Morticia Addams|
|John Astin||Gomez Addams|
Guest Stars Edit
|Allyn Joslyn||Sam L. Hilliard|
|Jackie Coogan||Uncle Fester|
|Madge Blake||Miss Comstock|
|Nydia Westman||Miss Morrison|
|Rolfe Sedan||Postman, Mister Briggs|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Actress Madge Blake is also known for playing the role of Aunt Harriet Cooper on the 1966 live-action superhero series Batman.
- In the end-title credits, Rolfe Sedan's character is identified only as Postman. He is identified as Mister Briggs in the episode itself.
- This episode establishes that Wednesday Addams is six-years-old.
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Gomez Addams: Perhaps Mister Hillard was right. We may have indeed just saved the world.
- Morticia Addams: Gomez... do you think we did the right thing?
- Morticia Addams: I miss the pitter-patter of their little feet... sneaking up behind me.
- Morticia Addams: Those naughty children pushed that nice old woman into a oven.
See also Edit
External Links Edit